The most fine-tuned maritime shipment
The services of HAROPA short-sea fulfil two functions :
- promoting the intra-European trade alternative to the road mode : via dedicated short-sea services and the marketing of short legs of maritime transport by the operators of inter-ocean services ;
- proposing an extension of the inter-ocean shipping lines by transhipment towards one of the feeder services carried out by the shipping companies exclusively specialising in this relay transport.
From HAROPA-Port of Le Havre, distribution to Europe by sea is broken down in 3 types of traffic :
- feedering, to all French and European ports,
- connections by car-ferries bound for Great Britain,
- ro-ro traffic: to England, Ireland, Spain, Turkey and Greece.